Photo of painter Frank Kallop by Paul Dempsey for Clique 21
Clique 21: South Jersey Artists by South Jersey Photographers
Clique21 brings southern New Jersey’s brightest artists and photographers together in 2021. Art always looks good. In 2021 and 2022, it will never look better.
Clique21 is a unique collaboration; photographers and other artists combining forces for a creative perspective of the artist as art. Clique21 gives the photographers and artists a rare opportunity; the technical support and creative freedom to create spectacular images that say wow! The exhibits showcase both the photographers’ unique portraits and include work by each artist.
Since its debut in 2016, Clique has brought together dozens of southern New Jersey’s most talented and provocative visual artists and photographers. A production of ArtC and Strobe NJ, Clique21 continues the tradition, with 21 of the region’s most celebrated photographers and artists in a 2021 show. Five photographers will create portraits of 16 visual and performing artists.
It was created by and for the southern New Jersey arts community. Together, the artists and photographers live and work in all eight counties of southern New Jersey; Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Ocean and Salem.
The show will nourish the local economy. ArtC will contract exclusively with South Jersey printers, framers, caterers and other professionals to produce and promote the show. More importantly, as with the 2016 premiere event, it will boost morale and pride in the South Jersey art community.
As with the 2016 debut event, Clique21 aims to shine a spotlight on the creative force that drives the arts in South Jersey – the artists. The show will provide both superb documentary photos to the artists and striking portfolio opportunities to the photographers.
When & Where?
It will move to the Noyes Arts Garage Stockton University, Atlantic City, April 1 to June 5, 2022, with the opening reception scheduled for April 8 from 5-8 pm.
- Mike Bell – contemporary artist- Northfield
- Frank Kallop – painter-Somers Point
- Terri Amig – painter-Goshen
- Ted Walsh – painter-Vineland
- Gwenn Seemel – painter-Long Beach Island
- Rachel Blythe Udell – fiber artist & sculptor-Sicklerville
- Tyrone L. Hart – painter-Atlantic City
- Dorrie Papademetriou – clay/ceramics-Linwood
- Michael Ian – jazz musician/composer-Cinnaminson
- Phyllis Papa – choreographer/ballet-Atlantic City
- Elise Bond – painter-Cape May Court House
- Ron Ross Cohen – sculptor, designer-Galloway
- Heather Deegan Hires -body artist, painter-Atlantic City
- Dan Dennison– recycled metal sculptor-Swedesboro
- CiBon -musician – Northfield
- Sandra Koberlein -encaustic artist-Pennsville
- Paul Dempsey – Absecon
- Susan Gietka – Hammonton
- Bill Horin – Linwood
- Erik James Montgomery – Camden
- Ruben Garcia – Atlantic City